Thursday, February 1, 2018

Endeavors Challenge

In the late November or early December I joined the Endeavors. This consisted of a group of ladies who were interested in broadening their ideas and abilities in mediums of art with fabric.
Sounded interesting and definitely  a challenge.  We all suggested some topics  and the host picked  one out at random, that being "Nature".  We had 3 months to design our thoughts and finish our project.

What  with Christmas coming up and life "stuff" there was no activity on the sight.  Now with me out of sight out of mind.  So I totally forgot about it.   OUCH!  About 3 or 4 wks. ago someone posted about the project coming up.  The only thing I had done at that point was my design.  My bad,  I can't really blame anyone but my self.  I already had this years calendar.  Just did not write it down.  I'm not even go into the things that have happened up until now.  And it seems I not alone.  And like the others,  I will  have my project finish in time for the next challenge.   Not through circumstances I can  help that is.

Okay, here we go.  My design basics.


First choice of base fabric



Back ground I went with.  Sorry, it's snowing now so no sharp colors.
This will depict the four seasons starting with winter on top and finishing with fall on the bottom
Nature was such a broad theme.  I figured this covered a nice chunk of it.



 There will be a lot of small piecing




This is some of the fabric picked out so far


I'm fairly pleased with what is done so far.  But but totally frustrated I could not finish on time.
I'm think of entering this in the fair if it finishes well.   

  Hooray, the parts are in for my quilter here and will be put on tomorrow.  Maybe the drama is over.
When the time comes I will be quilting free style on my domestic.
Please visit the Endeavourers   HERE

There are some very pretty and interesting work being shared.

Hugs and blessings being sent your way.


16 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks like it is going to be amazing! Cant' wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the theme and the design looks good.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tone oh this is going to be awesome i look forward to your progress on this one,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your idea of four seasons quilt. Very nice design!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, finished or not, it is still a fun creation that gives inspiration! I am glad to be in the group with you, and looking forward to seeing how this design develops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love your four seasons quilt. When is it supposed to be finished? Looks like you have made a lot of progress in a short time so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your design. I'm looking forward to seeing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a great idea to incorporate all the seasons. I look forward to seeing your design develop.
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great challenge! It's going to be fun to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun design. I love what you have done thus far. I look forward to see your beautiful finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is going to be wonderful and I love that you are trying new things and sharing them with us. You have so much talent and I know that you are going to amaze us with your new adventures in art with fabric.
    You go girl!!!
    Happy Quilting.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! I am impressed. I've met with some ladies to sew a couple times in the last couple months. I am sewing together some squares that were given to me. I am going to make some little baby blankets.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a fun project and I simply love how you incorporated all four seasons.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got a great start on the project, at least it's not just on paper anymore. It's a very fun design and you did a great job of capturing the theme. Sometimes you just have to appreciate the journey and realize that the deadlines are just for motivation, not necessarily the goal. (Said by the person who didn't finish her mystery quilt in time to submit it for the parade).

    ReplyDelete