Hi All, what should have been a peaceful evening of sewing turned in to an aggravating hunt through my scraps to make a few simple blocks to be added with others donations for the fire victim quilts being assembled at .....https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2017/12/29/california-thomas-fire-quilts/
In case you would like to add some blocks just hit the above link she has the info for the pattern. Now back to my blocks. Here is the culprit that really stymied my choices of fabric.
Simple block but if the if the hues of the light and darks are not right, the over all pattern of the quilt won't show up right. I finally gave up and went to my precuts and I think these will work. Still looks kinda off to me but we will see.
I also had to pull some fabric for another baby quilt and thought these look ok.
Now that I look at it I think I'll probably stick some pale yellow in it to. Darker grey will be the backing . Her only requests were elephants a grey and blue. So I have some wiggle room.
I'm hoping to have the fire blocks in the mail early next week and maybe finishing a quilt by the end. Since I feel like I put at least 3 miles in looking for the fabric (I have it stashed in all rooms) I'm tired. Anyway, I'm satisfied with getting at least this done tonight.
I'm going to sit in front of the fire and read for a little while. Everyone stay warm, and pray for all
those out in this weather.
Linking up to https://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/show-tell.html
Hug and blessings