Saturday, January 6, 2018

Friday Night With Friends

Hi All,  what should have been a peaceful evening of sewing turned in to an  aggravating hunt through my scraps to make a  few simple blocks to be added with others donations for the fire victim quilts being assembled at .....
           https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/2017/12/29/california-thomas-fire-quilts/
 In case you would like to add some blocks just hit the above link she has the info for the pattern.   Now back to my blocks.  Here is the culprit that really stymied my choices of fabric.  

California Fire Blocks at From My Carolina Home

Simple block but if the if the hues of the light and darks are not right, the over all pattern of the quilt won't show up right.   I finally gave up and went to my precuts and I think these will work.    Still looks kinda off to me but we will see.

I also had to pull some fabric for another baby quilt and thought these look ok.   


Now that I look at it I think I'll probably stick some pale yellow in it to.  Darker grey will be the backing .  Her only requests were elephants a grey and blue.  So I have some wiggle room.


I'm hoping to have the fire blocks in the mail early next week and maybe finishing a quilt by the end.  Since I feel like I put at least 3 miles in looking for the fabric (I have it stashed in all rooms) I'm tired.  Anyway, I'm satisfied with getting at least this done tonight.
I'm going to sit in front of the fire and read for a little while.  Everyone stay warm, and pray for all
 those out in this weather.


              Linking up to https://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/show-tell.html 

Hug and blessings

17 comments:

  1. Hi Tonia i like your blocks and the baby quilt is going to be so cute those colours are gorgeous,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look really great to me. I think they will be perfect in the quilt. I love the fabrics you chose for he baby quilt. Elephants are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you joined in to the first FNwF in 2018...
    Its so nice of you to sew for a charity project. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can sure relate to the task of looking for fabric. I almost wish I had less so I could just go to a nicely laid out fabric store to search for some when needed! The blocks look great. Interesting that the request was for grey for the baby quilt. A friend of mine recently made one and had the same colour request.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that elephant fabric! The quilt will be gorgeous I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you hate it when you spend sewing time searching or driving for fabric? I love the elephant fabric though. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Searching for fabrics can take a lot of time but usually worth it..
    Lovely elephant fabric..
    I made and sent blocks for the fir quilts too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that would be frustrating Tonia, but you've produced some great blocks there

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your fire blocks look great. I was a bit challenged finding fabrics for my blocks too. I got them done and in the mail last week. It would be interesting to see how all of these quilts come together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like those colours for a baby blanket - and adding a bit more yellow (particularly when it's in the elephant print already) is a great plan I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh die Stoffe hast du sehr schön zusammengestellt, das gefällt mir sehr.
    Ich wünsche dir viel Spaß beim Nähen !
    Liebe Grüße
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute fabrics for the baby quilt! I love those little elephants, and this beautiful writed fabric, sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bless you for sewing quilt blocks for fire victims. This baby quilt will be adorable. Blessings for 2018...<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blocks should work out fine. I had the same problem with defining lights. The fabrics for the baby quilt are really cute. Stay warm. Happy stitching this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All pretty blocks. I also helped with the California Fire blocks effort. The elephants fabric is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like those blocks very much. Sweet elephant fabric. Hugs, lj

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow From My Carolina Home too! Such a small world! Elephants aren't small but I love them on your fabric. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete